Considering a new compass or upgrading your outdated marine compass...pick from digital compasses or magnetic compasses.
We carry a good selection of digital and magnetic compasses for you to choose from. Digital Compasses have large, easy to read displays, are usually physically smaller in size than Magnetic compasses and require a power supply to operate. Magnetic compasses are larger and do not need a power source.
Buy the best compass you can afford. It is the most essential instrument on your boat. A GPS can work with your compass but does not replace it. You can do without a GPS. The Satellite GPS system can be shut down in a national emergency and can be inoperative. A compass will still work.
The larger the display or dial the compass has, the easier it is to read and gives less eye strain, this makes a big difference out on the water on a long day.
The brands of marine electronics we carry make accurate, dependable, high quality products and they make a great safe choice in the instruments you buy. Pick a digital compass, a flux-gate compass, a GPS and or fish-finder from our selection of marine electronics.
The RITCHIE brand Magnetic Compasses we carry are accurate, dependable, and are repairable and are high quality instruments.
Digital or magnetic compass...what is the difference. Click here for more information.
Your boat will determine where and what type of mount needed.
General guidelines for compass size:
- Powerboats up to 16 feet: 2 inch dial
- Powerboats up to 20 feet: 2 1/4 inch dial
- Powerboats and sailboats up to 24 feet: 2 3/4 inch dial
- Powerboats and sailboats up to 28 feet: 3 inch dial
- Powerboats and sailboats 25-35 feet: 3 3/4 inch dial
- Powerboats and sailboats 28-45 feet: 4 1/2 inch dial
- Powerboats and sailboats over 30 feet: 5 or 6 inch dial
1) Choose a Mount Type
2) Choose a Dial Type (Click here for more information.)...top reading or front reading
3) Choose a Size
Have fun shopping.
Click here for a few GPS suggestions from basic to high end.
Click here for GPS suggestions